The season of gift giving is here! I love to give gifts as much as I love to receive them. And homemade gifts add another layer of love. I've put together a list of 30 DIY presents you can easily make from home in minutes and for just a few bucks, too. These gifts all come from my registered dietitian nutritionist colleagues and I, so they're on the healthier side of things!
Put it in a Jar!
So much of homemade gifting is in the packaging. Hello, mason jars! Place homemade nuts, spice mixes, or jams in a jar, and tie with a pretty ribbon. Here are my favorite recipes to package up that way.
1. Homemade pizza spice Simply combine the following in a jar: 2 Tablespoons dried oregano, 1 Tablespoon dried basil, 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary, 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes.
3. 3-Ingredient Dark Hot Chocolate Mix from Rebecca Clyde, RD, nutrition blogger at Nourish Nutrition
4. Rosemary, Maple, and Cayenne Mixed Nuts from Stephanie Van't Zelfden, RDN, a nutrition blogger at Nutrition Hungry
6. Maple Chia Roasted Pecans and Walnuts from Kelly Jones, RD, owner of Kelly Jones Nutrition
7. Gingerbread Glazed Almonds from Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN, owner of Marisa Moore Nutrition
8. Prune Jam from my own kitchen
11. Sweet & Spicy Roasted Almonds from Jennifer Hunt, RDN, nutrition blogger at Healthy Inspiration
12. Spiced Roasted Chickpeas from my own kitchen
15. Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn from Kelly Jones
18. Sweet & Spicy Roasted Almonds from Jennifer Hunt, RDN, nutrition blogger at Healthy Inspiration
Wrap it Up!
Have a favorite cookie or brownie recipe? Or don't have time to bake and want to package up some tea bags for your coworkers? Here are great gifting ideas, and all you really need to pull them off is a pretty bag and some ribbon.
19. Ribbon Tea Bags I recently made little goodie bags as favors at a holiday party. Each bag took just seconds to make. I combined a few calming tea bags (a combo of Lipton's Stress Less, Soothe Your Tummy, and Bedtime Bliss), a stick of honey, and some peppermint candies in a holiday bag. My friends loved the treats!
20. Coconut Seed Clusters from Judy Barbe
21. 'Tis the Season Popcorn from Colene Stoernell, RD, owner of CS Nutrition
22. Simple Vegan Chocolate Truffles from Kelly Jones
23. Candied Pistachio Ginger Cups from my own kitchen
24. Apricot Pecan Crisps from Judy Barbe
26. Cinnamon Spice Muffins from my own kitchen
27. Peppermint Brownie Batter Truffles from Stacie Hassing and Jessica Beacom
28. Walnut Avocado Prune Brownies from my own kitchen
29. Easy Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookies from Rebecca Clyde
30. Almond Pistachio Cocoa Bites from my own kitchen
Need more gift ideas? If you don't have time for homemade, use this list of hand-picked, must-have kitchen tools!