Love summer smoothies? Here are 25 of the best healthy smoothies! These fruit and veggie smoothie recipes make super easy meals and are delicious.
This might sound a little crazy, but
there are two blenders in my kitchen. Yup, my fiancé and I love smoothies so much
that we don't want to risk there not being a clean blender at the ready!
Summer smoothies are the ultimate summer meal. They're easy, since you can blend them up in mere minutes. And they can provide all the nutrition you need for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack time (you can eat them any time of the day!). That is, if you include plenty of good-for-you ingredients.
So I'm here to give you a quick rundown of not only the best ingredients to blend up but also the best healthy smoothies to try this week. Plus, smoothies make great cooking projects for kids. Ready?!
Easy and Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Can Make
When You're in a Time Crunch
When it comes to blending up nutritious and delicious smoothies, there's a little bit of a science to the whole thing. But don't worry, the "recipe" is super simple. Here's my go-to formula for whipping up a healthy smoothie recipe:
Fruit or veggies (or both!)
What would a smoothie be without fruit or vegetables? They provide hydrating water and satiating fiber. I always make sure to include at least a cup of produce in my smoothie recipes. My go-to fruit is a frozen banana, which takes away the need for adding ice. I also love blending up frozen berries and cherries, and I've found that cauliflower is a really neutral veggie to add in.
For a smoothie to stick with you for awhile, it needs protein. There are many options, and my faves include plain Greek yogurt (I love the blueberry Greek yogurt combo!), kefir, and even frozen shelled edamame. If you use kefir, you probably won't need to add any additional liquid. With the other options, you might—and that liquid could be water, milk, plant milk, or even 100% juice.
This is another key ingredient for blending up a smoothie that'll fill you up. My favorite healthy fats to include are nut butter and avocado. You can also blend in hemp seeds, chia seeds, or flax seeds.
I usually say to include a whole grain (hello, extra fiber!) with every meal. With a smoothie, that isn't the easiest thing to accomplish. So this ingredient is optional, but I've found that rolled oats make a surprisingly awesome smoothie ingredient. Are oats good for weight loss?
And there you have it! I recently chatted with TheZoeReport about the best healthy smoothie recipes. There are five featured in the article, but I also think you deserve a bigger list than that. So I'm giving you 25 fruit and veggie smoothie recipes in total!
1. Healthy Coffee Smoothie from my own kitchen
3. Tropical Creamsicle Post-Workout Smoothie from Sarah Schlichter, RD, nutrition blogger at Bucket List Tummy
4. Vegan Wild Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie from my own kitchen
5. Vegan Berry Smoothie from Margaux Gabrielle, RD, nutrition blogger at Off the Vine Nutrition
6. Lemon Blueberry Smoothie from Cassidy Reeser, RD, nutrition blogger at Cozy Peach Kitchen
7. Mama and Me Nourish Smoothie from Heather Steele, RD, nutrition blogger at Nurture and Nourish
8. Chia Peach Green Smoothie from Shahzadi Uzma Devje, RD, owner of Desi-Licious RD
9. Cherry Superfood Smoothie from Mary Ellen Phipps, RD, nutrition blogger at Milk & Honey Nutrition
10. Immunity Green Smoothie from Jeanette Kimszal, RD, owner of Jeanette Kimszal Nutrition
11. Wild Blueberry and Rose Water Smoothie from Lindsey Pine, RD, owner of Tasty Balance Nutrition
12. Very Berry Pistachio Crunch Smoothie Bowl from my own kitchen
13. Healthy Avocado Smoothie from my own kitchen
14. Chocolate Berry Protein Smoothie from my own kitchen
15. Summer Peach Smoothie from Stephanie Van't Zelfden, RD, nutrition blogger at Nutrition Hungry
16. Orange Strawberry Smoothie from my own kitchen
18. Green Pea Smoothie with Mint from Lizzie Streit, MS, RD, nutrition blogger at It's a Veg World After All
19. Vegan Mandarin Orange Creamy Coconut Smoothie Bowl from my own kitchen
Amy's Recipe of the Week: Healthy Avocado
Here's a bonus smoothie recipe! I talked about adding healthy fats like avocado to your blender, and this smoothie is a perfect example of just how to do that. It's super refreshing with the fresh mint leaves.
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!
And don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get updates delivered straight to your inbox!