Medically reviewed by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Want the perfect brie cheese appetizer? How about a healthy appetizer with blueberries? This no bake brie appetizer is one of my fave brie appetizer recipes. I'm also sharing my top healthy entertaining recipes!
My go-to recipe for a party, even if it's in your own home with just your immediate family? It's this brie cheese not-baked brie with blueberries. It's really the perfect entertaining recipe that'll impress your friends and family, and there's no puff pastry required.
And if you're wondering what to serve with brie, I have you covered on that front, too! Go ahead and slice into the creamy interior of this delish brie topped with jam. Then take a look at the 18 healthy entertaining recipes I've gathered for you.
How to Make No-Bake Brie
Memorial Day (and soon, Father's Day!) is right around the corner, and so I'm thinking about healthy entertaining options. Really, for any event, I like to have a handful of healthy entertaining recipes at my fingertips. And this occasion is no exception.
At pretty much every party I've hosted for the last however-many years, I've whipped up some variation of a brie cheese recipe. What to do with brie? I'm really into serving brie with jam! I'm about to tell you how to make brie that'll knock your guests' socks off!
To put together this appetizer, all you have to do is take a brie wheel out of its package, open up a jar of jam, and spread it on top of the brie. I keep a supply of jams on hand, and my two favorite to use for this appetizer are wild blueberry jam and roasted garlic onion jam.
I like to serve this cheese plate at room temperature. Obviously, the version here is a brie cheese appetizer, but you can really use any type of jam that you like. Then, you can top the bloomy rind (yes, you can eat the rind of this soft ripened cheese!) with nuts for some crunch! I like to serve this recipe with sliced pears or apples.
If you have any of this French cheese delight left over (and I doubt you will!), you can simply wrap it up in plastic wrap for tomorrow.
More Healthy Party Recipes
While I love living in the northeast, I don’t like that I’m many states away from my parents and don’t get to celebrate Father’s Day with my dad in person most years.
Of course, when any holiday is nearing, I start thinking about what to cook up and serve for this special occasion, including appetizer and dinner party ideas. So there’s no need to stress about having healthy entertaining recipes on hand.
I’ve rounded up a list of go-to nutritious recipes from my registered dietitian colleagues that are sure to satisfy a crowd but also help you stick to your healthy eating style. Many of them utilize store-bought ingredients to make your life easier.
Go ahead and give these healthy entertaining recipes a try. Then let me know which of these quick and healthy recipes is your favorite!
1. Sundried Tomato Basil Strata from Stephanie McKercher, RD, nutrition blogger at Grateful Grazer
2. Mushroom and Sausage Polenta Bruschetta from E.A. Stewart, RD, healthy food blogger at Spicy RD Nutrition
4. Easy Coffee Cake Muffins from my own kitchen
5. Lupini Bean Salad from my own kitchen
7. Heart-Healthy Salmon Stacks from Peggy Korody, RD, CLT, a dietitian in Rancho Santa Fe, California
9. White Bean Pizza from my own kitchen
10. Chimichurri Smashed Potatoes from Stephanie McKercher
11. Sweet Potato Blueberry Baked Oatmeal from Sarah Schlichter, RD, nutrition blogger at Bucket List Tummy
12. Veggie Breakfast Casserole from Alyssa Ashmore, RD, nutrition blogger at Alyssa Ashmore Nutrition
13. Yogurt Veggie Dip from my own kitchen
14. 4-Spice Basa Fillets from Shahzadi Devje, RD, nutrition blogger at Desi-licious RD
15. Spaghetti Squash Fritatta from Kara Hockreiter, RD, food blogger at Byte Sized Nutrition
17. Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes from Nicole Stevens, RD, nutrition blogger at Lettuce Veg Out
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Now, here's that easy brie appetizer recipe I promised you! Want more easy, healthy brie recipes? Also make my No-Bake Brie with Prune Jam.
This post was updated in June 2020. A version of this post originally appeared on WeightWatchers.com.
I’d love to hear from you! Let me know how you’re enjoying this brie recipe! What other brie cheese recipes do you love? Have you ever tried no-baked brie recipes before?
Easy Brie Cheese Appetizer with Blueberries
How to cook Easy Brie Cheese Appetizer with Blueberries
- Top brie with jam and pistachios.
- Serve with pears or apples. Enjoy!
Sat. Fat (grams)7
- Stephanie McKercher, RD, nutrition blogger at Grateful Grazer
- E.A. Stewart, RD, healthy food blogger at Spicy RD Nutrition
- Liz Weiss, RD, co-author of The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers
- Tracee Yablon Brenner, RD, co-author of Simple Food for Busy Families
- Peggy Korody, RD, CLT, a dietitian in Rancho Santa Fe, California
- Lisa Cicciarello Andrews, RD, creator of Lettuce Beet Hunger food pun tees
- Sarah Schlichter, RD, nutrition blogger at Bucket List Tummy
- Alyssa Ashmore, RD, nutrition blogger at Alyssa Ashmore Nutrition
- Shahzadi Devje, RD, nutrition blogger at Desi-licious RD
- Kara Hockreiter, RD, food blogger at Byte Sized Nutrition
- Lyssie Lakatos, RD, and Tammy Lakatos Shames, RD, co-authors of Nutrition Twins' Veggie Cure
- Nicole Stevens, RD, nutrition blogger at Lettuce Veg Out
- Emily Kyle, RD, author of The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!