Medically reviewed by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Hello, spicy cauliflower soup! This healthy cauliflower soup is the best carrot cauliflower soup you'll ever have. And it's pretty easy to whip up.
This delicious carrot cauliflower soup recipe is creamy without the addition of cream or coconut milk. Plus, it supplies a cup of vegetables in every serving.
How to Make Healthy Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower carrot soup? Yes, please!
I love a good bowl of soup any time of year—especially now, when the air is turning colder and warm soup is so soothing.
Of course, I'm always thinking about how I can pack in extra nutrition into my food, so I set out to make this soup a hearty, nutrient-filled dish. Enter this cauliflower and carrot soup recipe.
I found that the key to creating a delicious cauliflower soup is the spices. So you'll see that you get cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, salt, and pepper in this recipe. The combination of black pepper with turmeric allows the turmeric to be better absorbed by your body.
I used an immersion blender to puree this creamy cauliflower soup. But you can use what you prefer, whether that be a high-speed blender or a food processor.
That's really all the fancy equipment you need. You don't need a dutch oven to put together this cream of cauliflower soup!
Why This Cauliflower Carrot Soup is So Healthy
When I was developing the recipe for this carrot and cauliflower soup, I experimented with a few different veggie combinations, finally settling on the most delicious of them all: a combo of onions, carrots, cauliflower, and garlic.
These veggies provide filling fiber, as well as 60% of your daily need for immunity-helping vitamin C and 160 percent of your daily need for eye-benefitting vitamin A. Love cooking with cauliflower? Try my Sweet Potato Cauliflower Pizza.
Then I topped the creamy carrot soup with plain Greek yogurt and dry-roasted pumpkin seeds for some extra flavor, crunch, and protein.
I love that this soup is creamy and yummy—yet contains no actual cream! You'll love this healthy cauliflower soup recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This blog post was updated in June 2020.
I'd love to hear from you! Let me know if you make this healthy cauliflower soup. I bet it'll become one of your favorite recipes for cauliflower soup with carrots.
What’s your favorite veggie-centric soup? What are your favorite soup toppings?
Creamy Carrot Cauliflower Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- ½ medium head cauliflower, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup 2% fat plain Greek yogurt, divided
- ¼ cup dry-roasted pumpkin seeds, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
How to cook Creamy Carrot Cauliflower Soup
- In a soup pot, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and cauliflower, along with salt and remaining olive oil. Add turmeric and cinnamon. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover vegetables with broth. Place lid on pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer, and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, puree the soup in a blender in batches.
- Serve hot or cold in a small bowl. Top each serving with black pepper, 2 teaspoons yogurt, and 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
Sat. Fat (grams)1
Did you make this recipe?
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!