By Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Looking for healthy pressure cooker recipes? These easy, healthy Instant Pot recipes have you set for healthy Instant Pot meals all day long.
Need inspiration for what to make in your Instant Pot pressure cooker?
Whether you're looking for easy Instant Pot recipes or the best Instant Pot recipes (or both!), this round-up of 27 dietitian recipes will speed up your meal prep and cut down on your cooking time! Go ahead and start making these ultimate Instant Pot recipes today!
If you own a high pressure cooker and don't know what to do with it, you're not at all alone. But fear not! That's why I rounded up nutritious and easy dietitian recipes from my colleagues.
With this Instant Pot recipe blog post of easy Instant Pot recipes that are healthy, you'll have recipes coming out of your automatic pressure cooker on the daily.
You'll get nutritious Instant Pot breakfast recipes, nutritious Instant Pot lunch recipes, and good-for-you Instant Pot dinners, including an Instant Pot buckwheat porridge recipe or two as well as pressure cooker chicken.
Get ready for quick and easy, healthy meals all day long, some even with prep that takes less than 30 minutes! The healthy, easy Instant Pot recipes here will set you up for meal planning for weeks to come.
What's an Instant Pot?
Before we get into the round-up of dietitian recipes, you may be wondering "what's an Instant Pot?" An Instant Pot is a high-tech multi-cooker.
It's electronically controlled and usually has at least six functions, such as slow cooking, rice cooking, and more. Sometimes, an Instant Pot even as Air Fryer technology!
Here are a few of the most popular Instant Pots on the market:
- Instant Pot Duo Bova 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- Yedi 9-in-1 Total Package Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker 6-Quart
- Instant Pot with Roast, Bake, Broil, Reheat, Dehydrate & Air Fryer
Hello, Healthy Instant Pot Recipes!
Now that we got that cleared up, let's go ahead and get to that round-up of one-pot pressure cooker meals! Let me know which of these nutritious Instant Pot recipes you try first.
This round-up has you covered, with everything from a pressure cook Instant Pot turkey to recipes utilizing dried beans to a slow cooker potato soup recipe and more.
Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
You can use your Instant Pot electric pressure cooker to whip up anything from steel-cut oats to porridge to homemade Greek yogurt! You'll love these easy Instant Pot recipes to brighten up your morning.
1. Apple Cranberry Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats from Josten Fish, RD, nutrition blogger at Muscle & Manna
3. Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Jessica Ivey, RDN, a healthy recipes blogger
5. Vanilla Spiced Buckwheat Porridge with Strawberries from Katie Cavuto, RD, author of Whole Cooking and Nutrition
Instant Pot Lunch and Dinner Recipes
Make anything from gyros to chowder to chicken thighs with your Instant Pot high pressure cooker.
With these nutrient-rich Instant Pot recipes, including an easy, healthy soup recipe or two, plus plenty of side dish options, you'll walk away with the perfect lunch or weeknight dinner!
6. Instant Pot Corn and Potato Chowder from Tawnie Kroll, RDN, a healthy recipes blogger at Kroll's Korner
7. Za'atar Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes, Apple, Kale, and Sorghum from Katie Cavuto
8. Instant Pot Greek Beef "Gyros" from Diane Norwood, RD, nutrition blogger at The Wandering RD
9. Instant Pot Miso Ginger Udon Noodle Soup from Sarah Gold, RDN, a nutrition blogger at Sarah Gold Nutrition
11. Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tenderloin from Diane Norwood
12. Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs with Asian Vegetables from Kitty Broihier, MS, RD, co-author of Everyday Gluten-Free Slow Cooking
14. Italian Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Kelli Shallal
15. Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki from Chelsea LeBlanc, RD, a healthy recipes blogger at Chelsea's Choices
16. Easy Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef from Kaleigh McMordie, RD, nutrition blogger at Lively Table
17. Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits from Dana White
19. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken Noodle Soup from Emily Cooper, RD, nutrition blogger at Sinful Nutrition
20. Easy Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken from Lauren Sharifi, RD, healthy recipes blogger at Bite of Health Nutrition
21. Spring Vegetable Instant Pot Brown Rice Risotto from Kaleigh McMordie
23. Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe from Faith Gorsky
24. Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Cheese from Lara Clevenger, MSH, RD, co-author of Easy Keto Summer Entertaining Recipes
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
You can whip up dessert in your Instant Pot electric pressure cooker, too! Try anything from cheesecake to raisin bread and jam.
25. Instant Pot Peach Jam from Marisa Moore, MBA, RD, nutrition blogger at Marisa Moore Nutrition
26. Instant Pot Raisin Bread from Kara Lydon, RD, RYT, intuitive eating counselor and blogger at The Foodie Dietitian
27. Low-Carb Cheesecake from Lara Clevenger
More Instant Pot Recipes
Want even more nutritious Instant Pot recipes? Give these pressure cooker recipe books a read!
- The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC
- Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest, MBA, MPH
- The Ultimate Instant Pot Healthy Cookbook by Coco Morante
- Lose Weight with Your Instant Pot by Audrey Johns
- The Filipino Instant Pot Cookbook by Tisha Gonda Domingo
- The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Archana Mundhe
This blog post was updated in January 2021.
- Josten Fish, RD, nutrition blogger at Muscle & Manna
- Kelli Shallal, MPH, RD, author of Meal Prep for Weight Loss
- Jessica Ivey, RDN, a healthy recipes blogger
- Brittany Poulson, RD, author of The Healthy Family Cookbook
- Katie Cavuto, RD, author of Whole Cooking and Nutrition
- Tawnie Kroll, RDN, a healthy recipes blogger at Kroll's Korner
- Diane Norwood, RD, nutrition blogger at The Wandering RD
- Sarah Gold, RDN, a nutrition blogger at Sarah Gold Nutrition
- Sharon Palmer, RD, author of Plant Powered for Life
- Kitty Broihier, MS, RD, co-author of Everyday Gluten-Free Slow Cooking
- Dana White, MS, RD, author of The Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook
- Chelsea LeBlanc, RD, a healthy recipes blogger at Chelsea's Choices
- Kaleigh McMordie, RD, nutrition blogger at Lively Table
- Faith Gorsky, co-author of 10 Low-Carb Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Emily Cooper, RD, nutrition blogger at Sinful Nutrition
- Lauren Sharifi, RD, healthy recipes blogger at Bite of Health Nutrition
- Judy Barbe, RD, author of Your 6-Week Guide to LiveBest
- Lara Clevenger, MSH, RD, co-author of Easy Keto Summer Entertaining Recipes
- Marisa Moore, MBA, RD, nutrition blogger at Marisa Moore Nutrition
- Kara Lydon, RD, RYT, intuitive eating counselor and blogger at The Foodie Dietitian
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!
I'd love to hear from you! What of these dietitian recipes for your Instant Pot electric pressure cooker do you like the most? Would you add any Instant Pot healthy recipes to this list? What are your favorite Instant Pot recipes that are healthy?
Which of the Instant Pot meal prep recipes in this Instant Pot recipes blog post will you try first? What are your favorite ingredients to cook with? Mine include spaghetti squash and black beans!
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here's your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of my fave tip sheets, cookbooks, kitchen products, and more!
Also check out my Etsy shop! Use code 10PERCENT for 10% off!