Looking for a mini dessert? These blueberry Greek yogurt miniature cakes with drizzle icing are so delicious. Plus, they're portion controlled!
If you're looking for the perfect mini cakes recipe, you must whip up this easy miniature cake recipe. The portion-controlled dessert is delish on its own, but the vanilla drizzle frosting really makes the recipe made with frozen wild blueberries a can't miss!
These mini cakes are perfect for a lighter weeknight dessert—and will impress guests when you're entertaining! You might want to make a little extra sugar frosting, because the easy drizzle icing recipe is also wonderful on top of pound cakes, bundt cakes, and more.
And I don't know about you, but I much prefer vanilla cake to chocolate cake!
Thanks to the folks at Wild Blueberries of North America for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own!
There's something you need to know about me: I love bite-size anything. When the mini trend blew up several years ago, I was ecstatic. Finally, I could have my very own dessert in a perfect portion-controlled size!
As a registered dietitian, I'm a big fan of incorporating nutritious ingredients into pretty much everything I whip up in my kitchen. These mini cakes get their vibrant color and a lot of their taste from frozen wild blueberries, one of my fave ingredients that has more than double the antioxidants of traditional blueberries and is just so good for you.
And the anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant in wild blueberries, are connected with health benefits, including a possible decrease in risk of type 2 diabetes.
I also added plain Greek yogurt to the these mini cakes. The yogurt adds a terrific creaminess and allowed me to cut down on the butter in this tasty dessert. When the cake comes out of the oven, use a toothpick or a cake tester to make sure the center comes out clean.
Now, let's talk about small cake tins! To make these cakes mini, I used a mini bundt cake pan, with just a single cake layer. You could absolutely use a muffin pan or mini cake tins, but I think the cakes come out a little more unique and pretty in bundt cake form! You could also make tiny quick breads with this tin.
These wild blueberry Greek yogurt miniature cakes are topped with an easy-to-whip-up vanilla drizzle glaze. If you're feeling adventurous, you can swap the icing drizzle for a blueberry reduction. My suggestion is to ice the cakes a few minutes before serving.
Also, if you'd like the icing to be more liquidy, feel free to add a 1/2 teaspoon of additional milk at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
I'd love to hear from you! Let me know if you whip up these tiny cakes with vanilla drizzle recipe! What other recipes with confectioner's sugar glaze do you love?
Wild Blueberry Greek Yogurt Miniature Cakes with Vanilla Drizzle Icing
- 1 ½ cups cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon + 2 ¼ teaspoons low-fat milk, divided
- 1 ½ cups maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cups frozen wild blueberries
- Spray oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
How to cook Wild Blueberry Greek Yogurt Miniature Cakes with Vanilla Drizzle Icing
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium mixing bowl, combine butter, maple syrup, ½ cup milk, eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and yogurt. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stirring gently. Fold in wild blueberries.
- Coat mini Bundt cake tray with spray oil; then spoon batter into tray, filling about three fourths of the way full.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, until cooked through.
- Once mini cakes have cooled in the pan, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon homemade vanilla icing over mini cakes once they’re mostly cooled. Enjoy!
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar with remaining milk and vanilla extract.
Sat. Fat (grams)3
Did you make this recipe?
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here's your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of my fave tip sheets, cookbooks, kitchen products, and more! Check it out!