If you're craving a flexible work schedule, are tech savvy, and have a background in nutrition and social media, then read on! I'm now hiring for a social media virtual assistant and nutrition communications coordinator.
I'm excited to announce that I have a position open at my company, Amy Gorin Nutrition LLC! I'm looking for a stellar social media virtual assistant who is self driven and savvy with all things social media. If you think this is you, please read on for what I'm seeking in this virtual administrative assistant position. Yes, this online personal assistant job can be done from the comfort of your own home!
Are you a self-motivated, independent worker with an interest in social media, communications, and nutrition? If so, the entry-level Social Media Virtual Assistant position at Amy Gorin Nutrition LLC could be for you!
- Flexible, work-from-home schedule (up to 15 hours a week, with an opportunity for additional side projects if interested)
- Paid position
- Mentorship from award-winning media dietitian and seasoned communications professional Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Responsibilities may include:
- Social media post creation, engagement, and scheduling
- Canva image creation
- SEO research
- Hashtag research
- Photo research
- Assistance with e-newsletter creation
- Assistance with research projects (may include social media/SEO trends, research for nutrition articles, etc.)
- Submission of recipes to FoodGawker and other recipe-sharing sites
- Additional other media-related tasks, as needed
- Strong communication and writing skills, including a firm handle on grammar and spelling
- Interest in nutrition, food, and health
- Degree (or currently in school for) a communications-related field. Preference will be given to candidates with nutrition knowledge or candidates who are currently on the path to becoming a registered dietitian; but this credential is not required.
- Proficiency and knowledge of up-to-date best practices in creating engaging social media content on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest; to include Instagram stories and Pinterest pins
- Self-driving, proactive, type A personality with concrete analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail, strong organization skills, and strong visual skills
- Knowledge of effective hashtag use on multiple platforms, effective SEO strategies, and effective Pinterest search terms/hashtags
- Proficiency with Canva and social media schedulers Tailwind and Later
- Flexibility to be available some early mornings and late evenings for a few minutes at a time for social media engagement (will work out a schedule with Amy)
- Daily access to an up-to-date computer with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Firefox and/or Chrome, photo-editing software, and an up-to-date smartphone with Instagram and Facebook
- Active social media presence a plus
About Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Amy Gorin is a nationally recognized, award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist, media personality, speaker, nutrition
consultant, and writer in the New York City area. She has completed and written more than 1,000 media interviews and freelance articles for top-tier media outlets.
Amy is a frequent contributor to several publications, including FoodNetwork.com, EverydayHealth.com, ReadersDigest.com, and NBCNews.com. She previously held nutrition and health editor positions at Health, Prevention, Weight Watchers Magazine, WeightWatchers.com, Parents, and American Baby. She enjoys creating healthy recipes, several of which have appeared in The Runner's World Vegetarian Cookbook (Rodale Books), The MIND Diet (Ulysses Press), Runner's World Meals on the Run (Rodale Books) and The Runner's World Cookbook (Rodale Books). Amy also publishes her favorite recipes on her personal blog, Amy's Eat List.
Amy shares her media knowledge through the Master the Media e-course, which she co-runs. This course teaches health professionals how to get their names in the news. Amy also loves sharing advice on how to make a career change to become a dietitian.
In addition to speaking on panels and presenting to companies, Amy serves as a consultant to food- and nutrition-focused brands and commodity boards—helping to create effective media messaging, conducting interviews, and developing recipes.
Amy completed her Dietetic Internship at Utah State University and her Didactic Program in Dietetics at New York University. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and a Bachelor of Arts in Visual Art Studies from the University of Florida, as well as a Master of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University.
How to Apply
To apply for this social media virtual assistant position, please submit the following via e-mail to amy@, with a clear subject line:
- Cover letter
- To include:
- Why you want this position
- Any relevant social media/media/nutrition experience
- Your hourly wage requirement
- Links to all of your public social media profiles and three of your best social posts
- Three examples of your best writing (consumer-facing examples are preferred, such as articles and blog posts, preferred)
I will be in touch if I'd like to schedule an interview with you! Thank you
for your interest.
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!
I look forward to hearing from you, if you're interested in this social media virtual assistant and nutrition communications coordinator position. Please pass this job posting along to anyone you know who may be interested in it.
And don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get updates delivered straight to your inbox!