By Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
I'm hiring a social media virtual assistant! Learn why this is one of the best social media virtual assistant jobs out there, plus how to apply.
If you're craving a flexible work schedule, are tech savvy, and have a background in nutrition and social media, then read on to find out more about this social media copywriter and communications coordinator position.
Looking for opportunities in nutrition communications jobs or social media virtual assistant jobs? Well, you've come to the right place! This job opening may also be a good fit for someone looking into virtual dietitian jobs.
I'm excited to announce that I have a part-time position open at my company, Amy Gorin Nutrition LLC! I'm hiring a social media virtual assistant!
I'm looking for a stellar social media virtual assistant who is self driven and savvy with all things social media. Spread the word about this job alert!
If you think this is you, please read on for what I'm seeking in this virtual administrative assistant position. Yes, this online personal assistant job can be done from the comfort of your own home!
Update: Please note that this position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
Are you a self-motivated, independent worker with an interest in social media, communications, and nutrition? If so, the entry-level Social Media Virtual Assistant/Editorial Assistant position at Amy Gorin Nutrition LLC could be for you!
- Flexible, work-from-home schedule: opportunity for about 5 hours a week, with a potential increase to up to 15 hours a week based on skillset
- Paid position
- Mentorship from award-winning media dietitian and seasoned communications professional Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Responsibilities May Include
- Social media post creation, engagement, and scheduling
- SEO research
- Hashtag research
- Photo research
- Assistance with e-newsletter creation
- Assistance with research projects (may include social media/SEO trends, research for nutrition articles, etc.)
- Submission of recipes to FoodGawker and other recipe-sharing sites
- Additional other media-related tasks and administrative tasks, as needed
- Strong communication and writing skills, including a firm handle on grammar and spelling, and experience with social networking platforms
- Interest in nutrition, food, and health
- Degree (or currently in school for) a communications-related field. Preference will be given to candidates with nutrition knowledge or candidates who are currently on the path to becoming a registered dietitian; but this credential is not required.
- Proficiency and knowledge of up-to-date best practices in creating engaging social media content on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest; to include Instagram stories and Pinterest pins
- Self-driving, proactive, type A personality with concrete analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail, strong organization skills, and strong visual skills
- Knowledge of effective hashtag use on multiple platforms, effective SEO strategies, and effective Pinterest search terms/hashtags
- Proficiency with Canva
- Daily access to an up-to-date computer with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Firefox and/or Chrome, photo-editing software, and an up-to-date smartphone with Instagram and Facebook
- Active social media presence, experience in managing your social platforms, and knowledge of social media strategy, social media management, and social media marketing a plus
About Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Amy Gorin is a nationally recognized, award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist, media personality, speaker, nutrition consultant, and writer in the New York City area. She has completed and written more than 1,000 media interviews and freelance articles for top-tier media outlets.
Amy is a frequent contributor to several publications, including , ,
, and .
She previously held nutrition and health editor positions at Health, Prevention, Weight Watchers Magazine, WeightWatchers.com, Parents, and American Baby.
She enjoys creating healthy recipes, several of which have appeared in The Runner's World Vegetarian Cookbook (Rodale Books), The MIND Diet (Ulysses Press), Runner's World Meals on the Run (Rodale Books) and The Runner's World Cookbook (Rodale Books). Amy also publishes her favorite recipes on her personal blog, Amy's Eat List.
Amy shares her media knowledge through the Master the Media e-course, which she co-runs. This course teaches health professionals how to get their names in the news. Amy also loves sharing advice on how to make a career change to become a dietitian.
In addition to speaking on panels and presenting to companies, Amy serves as a consultant to food- and nutrition-focused brands and commodity boards—helping to create effective media messaging, conducting interviews, and developing recipes.
Amy completed her Dietetic Internship at Utah State University and her Didactic Program in Dietetics at New York University. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and a Bachelor of Arts in Visual Art Studies from the University of Florida, as well as a Master of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University.
How to Apply
To apply for this social media virtual assistant position, please submit the following via e-mail to amy@, with a clear subject line:
- Please include a resume, detailing your relevant experience.
- To include why you want this position, any relevant social media/media/nutrition experience, your hourly wage requirement
- Links to all of your public social media profiles and three of your best social posts/social media efforts
- Three examples of your best writing (consumer-facing examples are preferred, such as articles and blog posts, preferred)
I will be in touch if I'd like to schedule an interview with you! Thank you for your interest.
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!
Are you looking for virtual assistant jobs or nutrition communication jobs in the NYC area? I look forward to hearing from you, if you're interested in this social media virtual assistant and nutrition communications coordinator position.
I'm excited to hear about your experience in virtual social media jobs and why you want to assist business owners! Please pass this job posting along to any social media assistants you know who may be interested in the social media VA position.
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here's your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of my fave tip sheets, cookbooks, kitchen products, and more!
Also check out my Etsy shop! Use code 10PERCENT for 10% off!